Sunday, July 1, 2012

STAR MAIDENS (1975)


I've mentioned here before that I haven't covered some British cult 70s sci-fi shows, like Blake's 7 and Star Maidens, not because I wasn't interested in them, but because I'd never seen them. Well, I recently stumbled upon several half-hour episodes of the English-German co-production Star Maidens on YouTube, and although I hate watching video on my computer, I checked out the first couple installments.

Needless to say, I was delighted. Sure, it's goofy and campy, and not at all "good," but I loved the distinctly 70s production design, costumes, miniature effects and music. (all of which are in evidence in the opening credits above.) And hey, it can't be much worse than, say, The Starlost.... and I like The Starlost!

My wife and I recently acquired a multi-region DVD player, so, once I scrape up the money, I think I'll order the complete series on disc from the UK. It looks to be fairly affordable. Maybe for my birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment