Monday, July 9, 2012

SPACE: 1999 (1975) Look-In Cover Art By Arnaldo Putzu

This is the striking original art by Arnaldo Putzu for the cover of the September, 1975 issue (#38) of the British magazine, Look-In. Putzu was the artist of many cover paintings of TV stars and pop stars for the magazine in the 1970s ( In fact, I think he was the artist of the Logan's Run cover I ran here a while back). He was also a highly-regarded illustrator of movie poster paintings from the 1960s, including Get Carter, The Creatures The World Forgot, From Russia With Love and many of the Carry On comedies.

 The more I discover about this UK magazine, the more I wish I could get my hands on some issues. I'm especially eager to read the original comics stories based on all of my Space: 1970 favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment