Tuesday, November 27, 2012

THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME (1979) Thai One-Sheet

Just when I figured I'd dug up just about all there was worth sharing about the 1979 Canadian-made space opera, The Shape Of Things To Come, I stumbled across this Thai theatrical one-sheet for the flick on eBay. It's similar to the North American posters, but sports completely re-painted art, and it wins my heart by spotlighting the lovely Anne-Marie Martin (a/k/a Eddie Benton) in the composition.

If any movie I've written about on this site qualifies (even in my sci-fi addled mind) as a "guilty pleasure," it's probably this one, as I've watched the Blue Underground DVD edition* of this movie far more often than its cinematic quality warrants.

But what can I say? The very existence of this blog itself illustrates just what a sucker I am for anything with miniature spaceship effects, robots, and pretty girls in spandex... and The Shape Of Things To Come has them all, cheap and derivative as the film may be.

* Buy The DVD From Amazon: The Shape of Things to Come

0 comments:

Post a Comment