Sunday, November 18, 2012

THE BIONIC WOMAN (1977) Charlton Comics Cover Gallery

Jack Sparling
Jack Sparling
Jack Sparling
Jack Sparling
Jack Sparling
It's been a while since I last compiled one of these comic book cover galleries, but I thought it was time to showcase the 5-issue, bi-monthly Bionic Woman series published by Charlton Comics back in 1977-78.

Because Charlton comics had spotty distribution in my area in the 70s, I never saw any of these issues on the stands - and, to be honest, I probably wouldn't have bought them if I had. I enjoyed the show on TV, but I don't think I would have wanted to carry a Bionic Woman comic up to the counter of my local general store. I took enough crap from people about buying comics as it was; I sure didn't need to be accused of buying a girl's comic on top of everything else.

It wasn't easy being a geeky kid in the 1970s....

0 comments:

Post a Comment