Tuesday, January 8, 2013

News: MESSAGE FROM SPACE (1978) DVD Coming From Shout! Factory In April

I don't have much information on this yet, but a pre-order listing has appeared on Amazon for a domestic DVD release of Kinji Fukasaku's 1978 space opera epic, Message From Space. I don't know if it will be just the U.S. United Artists version, or will include the original Japanese language version as well, nor do I know if any bonus material will be included. As more information becomes available, I'll post it here on the site.

Message From Space has already been available in the U.S. on DVD from Eastern Star for a while (it's the version I have). My review of that disc can be found HERE. I was quite satisfied with the quality of that edition, and I'm curious to find out what difference - if any - there is between the Eastern Star and forthcoming Shout! edition. However, if they offer the title on Blu-ray, I'll definitely pick it up!

The Shout! Factory edition is due on April 16th, and can be pre-ordered here: Message From Space

0 comments:

Post a Comment