Thursday, December 20, 2012

THE OMEGA MAN (1971) Theatrical Posters

Just in case the world does end tomorrow, I thought I'd pay tribute to one of the other well-known post-Apocalyptic science fiction films of the 1970s - Boris Sagal's The Omega Man, starring 70s genre icon Charlton Heston (Planet Of the Apes, Soylent Green) as the last man on Earth.

Long-time readers of this blog may remember that two years ago this month, I attempted a "theme week," devoted to the End Of The World cinema of the Space: 1970 era. I didn't quite pull it off (although I did manage a few decent posts, I thought), and my greatest "failure" of that theme week was that I never got around to my promised review of The Omega Man.

So, I'll make a new promise: if we're all still here on Friday, I'll finally post my long-delayed review. No, seriously - I mean it this time. Really. Cross my heart and hope to... well....

While we wait, let's enjoy this selection of International one-sheets created to market the 1971 Warner Brothers film around the world....


0 comments:

Post a Comment