Wednesday, December 12, 2012

STAR WARS (1977) Marvel Comics Art By Howard Chaykin

I'm up to my ears in a comic script this week, and as I am neither a prolific nor speedy scribe, it isn't leaving me much time for writing blog posts... thus, my heavy leaning on image-centric posts again. Having space comics on the brain ('cause that's what I'm working on at the moment), I thought I'd share this gorgeous original art by penciler Howard Chaykin and inker Tom Palmer for the first issue of Marvel's Star Wars comic.

The printed version altered the art slightly (most notably in the addition of various spaceships) and was clearly colored by someone without access to any color reference material (a green Darth Vader? A ginger Leia?), but the B&W line art original is really beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment