Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Columbia House STAR TREK (1966) VHS Collection


This commercial is from the mid-to-late Eighties, but I wanted to share it here. I was one of those guys who joined this "club," and I eagerly looked forward to getting my new tape each month. After years of only seeing the shortened syndication prints, the appeal of seeing - and owning! - all of the original Star Trek episodes in relatively pristine, uncut editions was irresistible. In fact, I had all of these tapes up until about a decade ago, when I simply couldn't justify the space they took and started picking up the DVDs. (I have the Blu-rays now, of course).

The other appeal, of course, was the prospect of owning the entire series. In the days before "Complete Season/Series" DVD sets, it was nearly impossible to collect complete runs of authorized, pre-recorded videotapes of your favorite cult shows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment