Monday, February 25, 2013

News: Original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (1978) Coming to Blu-ray Soon?

Maybe. I've read reports in a couple of places now that folks who bought the new Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome miniseries on Blu-ray found an insert inside the case that promised "The Original Movie That Launched A Phenomenon" and "Own it on Blu-ray High-Def!"

Star Kid Jerome Wybon posted a photo of that insert on the Space: 1970 Facebook page. I haven't found a listing for it on Amazon yet, nor any official online announcements. If - or when - I get more information, I'll update this post. If anyone finds anything, please pass it along.

Hopefully, this is true, and Universal will have put at least a little effort into cleaning up the source material and remastering it for HD, although based on the studio's track record, I'm not going to bet on anything. Still, I've said several times that I'd love to have this on Blu-ray, and I'm thrilled by the possibility. Hell, the standalone DVD I own of the Battlestar Galactica pilot isn't even anamorphic, so I'll be buying any new Blu-ray edition without hesitation. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment