Friday, September 14, 2012

KING KONG (1976) Lobby Cards

I'm actually on record as not hating the 1976 Dino de Laurentis version of King Kong. In fact, I have a slightly complicated history with the movie, as I'll relate here one of these days when I'm not quite so sleepy.

Anyway, here's a selection of lobby cards issued by Paramount to promote the film, starting off with a couple of John Berkey's dramatic promotional paintings.

The next batch of cards (understandably) focus on the lovely Jessica Lange:

And here's the last one I have from this set - and the only one that actually shows more of the titular titan  than just his giant, animatronic hands - in this case, the 30' stuffed Kong that only appeared at the end...

If you weren't familiar with the original 1933 version of Kong in 1976 - and a lot of kids probably weren't - this card would have been a truly disappointing spoiler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment