Monday, August 6, 2012

SPACE: 1999 (1975) U.K. Annuals

 Here are five (I'm not sure how many there were, in all, though I'm sure one of our UK Star Kids could tell me) British childrens' Annuals for Gerry Anderson's Space: 1999. Growing up in the United States, I never saw any of these hardcover publications until I was in my twenties and going to comics and science fiction conventions, so I have a bit of a fascination with them. It seems like almost every genre show, no matter how short-lived, had at least one tie-in Annual published, including Man From Atlantis, Logan's Run and Star Maidens!

Someday it would be nice to collect these....

UPDATED: A loyal Space: 1970 fan over on Facebook kindly provided the fifth cover above. It actually may be my favorite. I kinda like those Year Two monsters... I just wish we hadn't seen them re-used on the show so damned much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment