Thursday, January 5, 2012

SPACE: 1999 (1975) Tie-In Novelizations

I know that these novelizations of first season Space: 1999 episodes by E.C. Tubb &  Year Two by Michael Butterworth have been reprinted and re-issued in recent years with some new cover art and some additional, original adventures, but these are the Space: 1999 paperbacks that I had as a kid (and still have, obviously - note how beat-up and scuffed those covers are!).

Each of these books took three or four episodes and linked them together as a single story (much like Alan Dean Foster's early Star Trek animated "Logs" novelizations) and for many years - since we only got Year 1 here in Maine and it was never re-run - they were my only way of re-experiencing the stories and enjoying the ones that I missed on TV. In fact, I still scour used bookstores for the volumes I'm missing....

0 comments:

Post a Comment